The Crop Candle Co. have a goal to provide UK growers with environmentally friendly bougie candles at the most cost effective price without compromising the burn time and quality.
We have been importing for over 20 years. We have secured trusting relationships with our manufacturers and suppliers and built a communication between our Western customers and the quality they expect from working with us. We manage the quality control and ensure all certificates are genuine and good to ship. We manage the Shipping, Custom Clearance and delivery to your address.
Our candles are made from 100% Vegetable Wax (NOT PARAFFIN) which acts as a heater raising the air temperature over your crops thus protecting against frost. The Crop Candle bougies are already know in the industry as the most cost effective and efficient way to protect fruit cultivation from the increasing spring frost.
Why buy from us?
- We select very carefully our vegetable wax producers. We look at the compound touch and smell of the product as well as the burn rate and heat generated.
- We inspect the quality of the casing manufacturers for leak-proof condition of each unit. Our testing approval rate is 10% spot checks of the full production, if the defect rate is above 1%, we will raise our inspection rate to 30% of production.
- Our vegetable wax supplier is one of the largest plant wax suppliers in the world, we will burn candles from each batch to test the burning time and smoke output.
- The wick, these are free of heavy metals.
- During the production process, we have special inspectors to do appearance inspection on the production line. We also test the wick and carry out a combustion ignition time. This includes ensuring they are straight and there is plenty of wick (Not Flooded) for fast and efficient ignition. Each Crop Candle has a clean and tidy appearance.
- During the packing process, we will test the firmness and neatness of the packing,to make sure each tray is firm and secure on the Pallet before they leave our factory.
- Our certificate for the vegetable wax candles. We also provide CE and MSDS for you.
Our goal is to eventually hold Crop Candle bougies in stock in the UK . This way, if your stock is used up after the first 2-3 frosts we can ensure our UK customers are protected should they need more candles and be able to deliver within 48 hours.
We will have more technical data for you regarding our Crop Candles shortly to ensure we maximise our social responsibility and our contribution to environmental conservation and biodiversity for our vineyards. Our Candles contain up to 30% Palm Wax and the rest is made from 100% vegetable wax.
Our manufacturers have certified an SGS accreditation for the sustainable sourcing the Palm oil in accordance with RSPO. Certificates and Labs tests available on request.
Updates on our developments.
As you know, we value our customers feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve our Crop Candles.
To date we haven’t had any negative comments related to the ignition of our candle, however that is not to say there was not an issue. We respect the fact that most of our customers are familiar with the candles Bougies, and we appreciate some of you have taken the time to test the Crop Candle alongside other 8hr candles. We looked at the “ignition time” of our product v other 8hr candles on the market.
It was realized that our ignition time was a little slower than others due to our wax having a high melting point, which gives a longer burn time and slower to melt. As a result, we have enhanced our production by adding 1- 2cm additional surface wax that has a low melting point which will provide a faster ignition and avoid this slow ignition problem.
We hope this shows we are listening to our customers’ needs and expectations and by further improving our product to be the best on the market. We will add this new feature to our increasing number of Crop Candle USPs – Faster ignition- 50% longer burn – Sustainable – More cost effective- etc….
Thank you again for your valued feedback, without it we cannot become better.
Tim Jeffs (Managing Director)